Welcome!

I love working with crafts, rug hooking, wool felt, penny rugs and stitcheries. Primitives are my favorites, but I also love to mix different styles of decorating.

Please sit back, relax and enjoy my blog.


Sunday, March 7, 2010

Wanting What You Have

I have been with my significant other, Eddie, for 17 1/2 years. We have been through a lot together. Yesterday his Dad Charlie passed away from pneumonia and other complications. He would have been 88 in October. My Dad's been gone since 1991, although it seems like yesterday.

Times like this makes me realize that some of the things that I make a big deal of are not really all that important. I try very hard to let things go and be as they are, but as we all know, that is very difficult in this day and age. But losing someone we care about does bring it all home on how short our time here really is. For instance, everyone's been blogging about how awful winter has been, the huge amounts of snow and the long depressing months of winter. But yet, here it is already March - how that happened I have no idea - and spring is just around the corner. Before you know it, summer will be here and we'll be rushing through another year.

I cannot help but wish that I had some of the years back to live over where I lost precious time with my loved ones, or spent too much time being in a foul mood or feeling sorry for myself for whatever reason. I know I can't get the time back, so maybe from tomorrow on, I'll try to be better about everyday things and work with what I have. I have a framed stitchery that says "For a happy life, want what you have." I'm going to try to do my best to maybe accomplish that in the days to come and making the best of what I have.

I'm 53. I'm not exactly a spring chicken anymore. So if things are going to change, I think I'm probably the only one who can make them change, at least for me.

I'll let you know how that goes...

1 comment:

Teri said...

Sorry to hear of your loss.
I love the verse tho ... and think I will stitch it up ... What a great reminder ... of what you have is or should be enough!
I actually had the same feelings as you only about a month ago .... I also came to relize that life is what gets in the way of life .... and that I can't control every part of my life ... and I need to let go .... and just let the "chips" fall where they may .... so to speak. BTW, I am 54!

Followers

My Latest Projects

These are some of the rug hooking and wool felt projects that I've worked on recently.

Penny Table Runner Rug

Penny Table Runner Rug
entered in 2010 Kentucky State Fair

Autumn's Grand Finale Rug (Adaptation)

Autumn's Grand Finale Rug (Adaptation)
entered in 2010 Kentucky State Fair

White Luminary Pumpkin Rug

White Luminary Pumpkin Rug
entered in 2010 Kentucky State Fair

Fraktur Penny Rug

Fraktur Penny Rug
4th Place in 2008 KY State Fair

My Original Hex Sign Hooked Rug

My Original Hex Sign Hooked Rug
for my son Adam

My 1st Hooked Santa Pillow

My 1st Hooked Santa Pillow
2008 (4th Place - KY State Fair)

My 2nd Santa Hooked Pillow

My 2nd Santa Hooked Pillow
2009

My Flower Basket Hooked Rug

My Flower Basket Hooked Rug
hooked for Laura

One of My 1st Rugs

One of My 1st Rugs
White Pumpkin

My 1st Rug

My 1st Rug
Crow on a Pumpkin

Penny Rug

Penny Rug
for Laura's birthday