Welcome!

I love working with crafts, rug hooking, wool felt, penny rugs and stitcheries. Primitives are my favorites, but I also love to mix different styles of decorating.

Please sit back, relax and enjoy my blog.


Thursday, March 11, 2010

An Unbelievably Long Weekend

Eddie's Dad's funeral was Tuesday. Unfortunately, before that I had to find out that his 3 older brothers (who are separated from Eddie and 2 of his other brothers and his only sister due to a family dispute) had decided to leave me out of the obituary for his Dad. Eddie and I have been together almost 18 years. I was terribly hurt and spent most of the weekend feeling very insignificant and crying a lot. They couldn't really give me an answer for why they left me out of the obit; I can assume it was for no other reason than probably to hurt the 3 brothers they don't get along with, one of them being my Eddie. Everyone from our area and Starlight where Eddie lives kept asking "why weren't you listed in the obit?" In addition to dealing with Eddie's pain and loss, I struggled all weekend just to make sense of why someone would do that to someone who's been in the family for almost 18 years. Eddie and I aren't married, but what the heck does that have to do with it? We're life partners - have chosen each other to spend the rest of our lives together. And I think it's unfair and hurtful that his 3 older brothers are so mean to do such a thing. And then to top it all off, the 3 older brothers had the gall to ask me to take up the gifts at the funeral mass. How's that work? You kick me in the head, but then you want me to help you? Hmm... I just don't get it.

At any rate, the weekend is finally over. The funeral is done and I hope not to have any contact with the 3 older brothers and their wives anytime soon. Eddie's Mom is still living so at some point there will be some contact. But I'll just have to deal with that later. For right now, I can pretend they don't exist, which is exactly what they did to me last weekend, only in print - where everyone could see it.

I have to go pack now. I'm going to have to join the convent for all the bad words I said this weekend about Eddie's 3 older brothers... :) It probably wasn't nice, but it made me feel better at the time.

No comments:

Followers

My Latest Projects

These are some of the rug hooking and wool felt projects that I've worked on recently.

Penny Table Runner Rug

Penny Table Runner Rug
entered in 2010 Kentucky State Fair

Autumn's Grand Finale Rug (Adaptation)

Autumn's Grand Finale Rug (Adaptation)
entered in 2010 Kentucky State Fair

White Luminary Pumpkin Rug

White Luminary Pumpkin Rug
entered in 2010 Kentucky State Fair

Fraktur Penny Rug

Fraktur Penny Rug
4th Place in 2008 KY State Fair

My Original Hex Sign Hooked Rug

My Original Hex Sign Hooked Rug
for my son Adam

My 1st Hooked Santa Pillow

My 1st Hooked Santa Pillow
2008 (4th Place - KY State Fair)

My 2nd Santa Hooked Pillow

My 2nd Santa Hooked Pillow
2009

My Flower Basket Hooked Rug

My Flower Basket Hooked Rug
hooked for Laura

One of My 1st Rugs

One of My 1st Rugs
White Pumpkin

My 1st Rug

My 1st Rug
Crow on a Pumpkin

Penny Rug

Penny Rug
for Laura's birthday