Welcome!

I love working with crafts, rug hooking, wool felt, penny rugs and stitcheries. Primitives are my favorites, but I also love to mix different styles of decorating.

Please sit back, relax and enjoy my blog.


Saturday, October 30, 2010

I Haven't Posted in Over a Month!!

I don't know what's come over me! I haven't posted in over a month! Sometimes I feel like I have nothing important to say. Other times, I'm covered up and can't even find a little time to post, even a small one.

This time of year I sell handmade crafts at a few craft shows and I've been busy getting ready for those. Unfortunately, this year I procrastinated and waited until 2 weeks before the 1st show to start making additional items. Hello!!! All of my items are hand sewn - pillows, ornaments, pincushions, etc. - and it takes some time to actually make the items as I don't use a sewing machine. My sewing machine and I are not exactly BFFs... So I had a craft show today and was up until 4:00 a.m. last night finishing several items. I'm wore out now after the show. I didn't sell a lot of stuff today which is always disappointing, but there's not much you can do about it. It didn't seem like we had as big a crowd as we've had in the past. I'll blame it on the economy.

I've been in a slump lately mainly due to my financial situation which is really dragging me down. I barely have enough $$ to pay my bills and then there's rarely any extra for groceries and gas, you know, the non-essential stuff. It exhausts me trying to borrow from Peter to pay Paul and then try how to sell something to get a little left over for Mary.

The only bright side is that I've started selling ThirtyOne products (purses, tote bags, etc.). I've had 2 shows besides my open house which I had to get started. Both of my shows were over $1,000 in sales each. So I'll make over $500 for the 2 shows!! YAY!! I'll get the money on November 10th. I'll be so glad to get the $$ as I'm behind on some bills. (I get really tired of saying that...)

I'm hoping that this ThirtyOne job is going to ease my financial situation some. I figured I could make better money selling ThirtyOne products than I could if I went to Target or WalMart for minimum wage and then they made me work every weekend stocking shelves. I'm not exactly a spring chicken and after I've worked all day at my regular job, I don't know that I'm up to stocking shelves. Besides my significant other works 2nd shift and I really only get to see him on the weekends and Target or WalMart would schedule me EVERY weekend between now and Christmas. Plus I get to sell cool purses and tote bags. That's way better than stocking shelves.

I'll try to do better posting on my blog. I'm trying to get an attitude adjustment about life in general, but have been really dragging lately due to financial burdens.

I'll post again soon, promise.
Sharon

4 comments:

Devonay said...

I get in a slump too. I haven't posted for 8 days. It has been a crazy week. I understand about the financial situation. One paycheck isn't going very far here either. I started a mobile spray tan business and it's slowly taking off, but I still struggle. I just noticed you're in Indiana! I am too!

sandy said...

I'm sorry you're going through this! Financial stress is the worst! I've used Dave Ramsey's Money Make=Over for guidance and it is really helpful! Also if you have any debts, the snowball "pay-off" works really well. If you want info on that let me know! It worked amazingly well for US!

Happy to hear the purse sales are doing well! : )
Have a Happy November!
sandy

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

I'm so sorry girl! Financial woes will bring anyone down, it doesn't take long. I know!!

Like Sandy, I was going to suggest Dave Ramsey. Our church held the Financial Peace University workshop that we attended a couple years ago. It's not get out of debt overnight, but it guides you to fix a plan that works for you and your income. We love it and so very proud to now say that we don't live paycheck to paycheck anymore! We had over a dozen loans out and have cut that down to 3 now that are under $6,000. I can't wait to get rid of that debt! But we have come so very far. I'm not going to tell you it was that easy, some weeks and months were hard but the end results as of right now have made it all worth it! It will get better, but you have to make it that way. I hope you find a solution that works best for you and your husband. Best wishes my friend~

Linda said...

I just discovered your blog this evening and wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed reading about your craft skills.
I wish I lived closer to you so I could see your crafts at your craft shows. I just know I'd want it all because you make the very things I love.
I do cross stitch in my spare time, and would love to make penny rugs and rug hook. You are blessed with so much talent.
Well, just want to say how much I enjoyed your blog.
Happy Thanksgiving and if you ever want to sell any of your wares, please let me know.
Thanks so much.
Linda Pence
Linda.1@zoomtown.com

Followers

My Latest Projects

These are some of the rug hooking and wool felt projects that I've worked on recently.

Penny Table Runner Rug

Penny Table Runner Rug
entered in 2010 Kentucky State Fair

Autumn's Grand Finale Rug (Adaptation)

Autumn's Grand Finale Rug (Adaptation)
entered in 2010 Kentucky State Fair

White Luminary Pumpkin Rug

White Luminary Pumpkin Rug
entered in 2010 Kentucky State Fair

Fraktur Penny Rug

Fraktur Penny Rug
4th Place in 2008 KY State Fair

My Original Hex Sign Hooked Rug

My Original Hex Sign Hooked Rug
for my son Adam

My 1st Hooked Santa Pillow

My 1st Hooked Santa Pillow
2008 (4th Place - KY State Fair)

My 2nd Santa Hooked Pillow

My 2nd Santa Hooked Pillow
2009

My Flower Basket Hooked Rug

My Flower Basket Hooked Rug
hooked for Laura

One of My 1st Rugs

One of My 1st Rugs
White Pumpkin

My 1st Rug

My 1st Rug
Crow on a Pumpkin

Penny Rug

Penny Rug
for Laura's birthday