Welcome!

I love working with crafts, rug hooking, wool felt, penny rugs and stitcheries. Primitives are my favorites, but I also love to mix different styles of decorating.

Please sit back, relax and enjoy my blog.


Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Very Good Weekend - Rug Hooking, Pig Roast and a Picnic

Finally, a good weekend! The hot weather finally broke some and the humidity wasn't so bad. It was still hot, but with the lower humidity, it was much more enjoyable outside. I was off on Friday to take care of some things at home. My significant other and I went to Bass Pro to buy some hunting boots for his brother who was on vacation. We went to Cracker Barrel for a nice breakfast and then came home to cut down a dead tree in my yard. He works 2nd shift so he went to work and I worked the rest of the day on finishing one of my rugs for the Kentucky State Fair. The finished rugs are due to be turned in next weekend before the Fair starts. So it's down to crunch time!!

Then on Saturday, I worked again on my rug while I was fixing some picnic food to take to a pig roast. We went to the pig roast which was about 1 hour away from home. We had a good time and the potluck food that everyone brought was awesome - especially this potato casserole with bacon on top (yum) and this incredible homemade pecan pie (double yum!!).

This morning we went to a local Catholic picnic and then to my significant other's brother's farm for him to help his nephew do some work on the farm. I worked again on my rug trying to get it finished in time for next weekend. When they were finished working, we came home and went over to his brother's to see his great niece who's 7 months old. She is the sweetest thing. I didn't get to see her last weekend, and I was having a bad case of withdrawal... I had a bad week, but she always makes me feel better. She's changed a lot in 2 weeks and is talking up a storm. Babies are good medicine when you're feeling down!

So basically it was a pretty busy weekend. Unless something crazy happens, I'll have my rugs ready to turn in next weekend to the Fair. I hope they do well this year in the competition. I'd love to get ribbons on all 3... we'll have to wait until the 19th to see how the judging goes. There's a lot of heavy competition in rug hooking in my area and some amazing rugs are entered in the Fair. I always think mine are worthy of blue ribbons, but then I don't do the judging!! I'll post some pics before I turn them in at the Fair.

Hope everyone has a good week. It's supposed to heat up again here... can't wait!!

Sharon

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm anxious to see your rugs. I'm sure they are blue ribbon worthy! Pig roasts are great fun, lots of good and good friends. Sound like you had a great weekend.
Kim

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Sounds like a fun time to me! Any time spent with family and friends is precious time. I'm looking forward to seeing your rugs (hopefully with a blue ribbon on them!).

Followers

My Latest Projects

These are some of the rug hooking and wool felt projects that I've worked on recently.

Penny Table Runner Rug

Penny Table Runner Rug
entered in 2010 Kentucky State Fair

Autumn's Grand Finale Rug (Adaptation)

Autumn's Grand Finale Rug (Adaptation)
entered in 2010 Kentucky State Fair

White Luminary Pumpkin Rug

White Luminary Pumpkin Rug
entered in 2010 Kentucky State Fair

Fraktur Penny Rug

Fraktur Penny Rug
4th Place in 2008 KY State Fair

My Original Hex Sign Hooked Rug

My Original Hex Sign Hooked Rug
for my son Adam

My 1st Hooked Santa Pillow

My 1st Hooked Santa Pillow
2008 (4th Place - KY State Fair)

My 2nd Santa Hooked Pillow

My 2nd Santa Hooked Pillow
2009

My Flower Basket Hooked Rug

My Flower Basket Hooked Rug
hooked for Laura

One of My 1st Rugs

One of My 1st Rugs
White Pumpkin

My 1st Rug

My 1st Rug
Crow on a Pumpkin

Penny Rug

Penny Rug
for Laura's birthday